My name is Dmitry Popov and I am a multilingual Cinematographer, DP based in Los Angeles.
Please check out my showreel and CV:
1991-1996 Moscow State Institute of Cinematography (VGIK)
* The best classic movie education in Europe
Faculty of Cinematography (Leonid Kalashnikov’s workshop)
Master of Arts in Cinematography (fiction & non- fiction)
Recent music video as Director / DP:
My Equipment (not complete list with description):
5D MARK III + LENSES
PENTAFLEX 16 mm FILM CAM
AURORA 8 mm FILM CAM
LIBEC JB-30 JIB ARM super tool
PROAIM SWIFT DOLLY super tools
STEADICAM MERLIN 2
LITEPANELS MicroPro On-Camera LED Light – 1 Unit
ARRI 650 Plus (+ DIMMER) – 1 Unit
COSMOBEAM 1000W (+ DIMMER) – 2 Units
GRIP, C-STEANDS etc
MICS (wired & wireless)
WHAT DOES YOUR PROJECT NEED?
HERE’S WHAT I CAN DO:
– Create and develop ideas for any kind of project.
– Write scripts for documentaries, advertising and music videos.
– Create director’s storyboards.
– Prepare all pre-production details: casting, location, timing, etc.
– Ensure quality production / shooting time.
– Edit projects professionally with Adobe Premiere.
– Colorize video with Magic Bullet Colorista & DaVinci grading tool.
I have shot documentaries, features, music videos, commercials
and news with CNN, CBS, ABC, APTN, BBC, NRK, TF-1, FRANCE-3
and also TVCs, in USA, Europe and Russia
(incl. war zones eg Afghanistan and Chechnya).
I shoot on all professional digital formats:
RED, ARRI ALEXA, DSLR and also 16 mm and 35 mm film.
Citizenship in the United States and Russia.
Available for travel worldwide.
It wold be great if I could work on one of your projects in the crew.
Please let me know if my proposal seems interesting to you!
I am ready to discuss any project, large or small,
with the aim of finding common ground and new opportunities for creativity.
Thanks for your time!
Dmitry Popov IMDb
+1 (310) 760-6022